Student Leaders Colloquium
The Student Leaders Colloquium is an annual conference for advanced students that focuses discussion and debate on complex economic policy issues. Policy experts will join the student participants in a relaxed atmosphere where free, open, and thoughtful discussions are encouraged. Although the Student Leaders Colloquium has a degree of structure with assigned discussion topics, the interests of the participants determine the direction of the conversation.
Outstanding students studying in Canada are invited to apply for this program, and are selected based on their ability to contribute to the discussion and their potential to be future leaders. In addition to those who are actively involved in campus, local, provincial, and federal politics, we choose students pursuing careers in journalism, law, entrepreneurship, commerce, and medicine, just to name a few. Preference is given to those who attend our student webinars.
Upcoming Student Leaders Colloquium:
Costs Included for In-Person Programming:
- Return transportation (airfare, train, bus) from the closest major airport to Vancouver
- Return transportation via the Canada Line from YVR airport to the hotel
- Return transportation from hotel to conference location (Fraser Institute Office)
- Shared hotel accommodation for 3 nights
- Attendance at the Student Leaders Colloquium conference
- Two breakfasts, two lunches, a dinner, and a reception with Fraser Institute policy staff
Students studying in Canada are free to apply throughout the academic 2020/2021 year. You must also:
- Be a current student enrolled in college or university, or recently graduated this academic year, between the ages of 19 and 30.
- Be a resident of Canada.
- Be ready and prepared to actively participate throughout the duration for the conference.
Application Deadline: March 5, 2021
For More Information:
Please email [email protected]
Contact Education Programs
For more information, email [email protected]